PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
1) ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- www.finadacounsellor.net (Website) is a site operated by Find A Counsellor Limited.
- Find A Counsellor Limited (company number 12157193) (we and us) is a company registered in England and Wales and our registered address is at Middleborough House, 16 Middleborough, Colchester, England, CO1 1QT.
2) BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
- If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3) THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- If you are a counsellor, supervisor or a therapist who subscribes to this Website our Professional Terms and Conditions will apply to your subscription.
4) WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
- We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
5) WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR WEBSITE
- Our Website is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
6) YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
8) DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
- The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist Website before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
9) WE ARE NOT RESPONSBILE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
- Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
10) OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a counsellor, supervisor or therapist, different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any subscription services to you, which will be set out in our Professional Terms and Conditions.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
11) HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
12) UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website (Contributions) you must comply with the content standards as follows:
- A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Find A Counsellor Limited, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- A Contribution must:
- You warrant that any such Contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
13) WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
14) RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
15) WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
- The Contract is governed by English law and we each irrevocably agree to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.