Offering both Face-to-Face and Remote Counselling via Telephone and Video, and practising in Newmarket & Cambridge.
I am a mature, experienced and highly motivated professional counsellor with 25+ years’ experience of working in interesting and varied health, social care, educational and secure environments, as well as in private practice. I have worked in drug and alcohol services, mental health services, advocacy, nursing, domestic abuse and child & family services. I offer both short and long-term therapy. I am person-centred psychodynamic trained but offer an integrative approach. This means that I use a variety of skills and techniques from different therapies to suit individual needs. I will work with you, to support you to seek resolution of your difficulties. We will work together to explore what is causing you difficulties and why, looking at past experiences and patterns in your life when appropriate. I will support you to explore ways of moving forward into a more sustainable, fulfilling life. I do not judge, but value each of my clients for their uniqueness and potential.
I worked as the Cambridgeshire County Council Domestic Violence Prevention, Education & Training Co-ordinator for over 3 years, establishing educational and therapeutic support programmes across the region for victims. I have great empathy and compassion for those affected by domestic violence, including children and male victims, and can work expertly and competently in this field. I would encourage you to get in touch with me if this is an area that you need to address and work through. Additionally, as a result of the years that I worked as a family practitioner, I am able to work to a high degree of competence with complex family situations.
My experience enables me to offer effective, individualized, psychological and emotional care. I can work with a number of mental health and emotional disorders, and provide a neutral ground to both individuals and couples alike to explore and work with their issues. My goal is to help you grow from your struggles, heal from your pain, and move forward to where you want to be in your life.I use a person-centred psychodynamic approach which places you the client at the centre of the therapeutic relationship. I will use a variety of skills and psychological techniques that are tailored to your individual needs and situation, in order to help you move forward towards your desired goal.
Please feel free to call me to explore confidentially the concerns that you are wanting to deal with, and what counselling might look like for you. Following this, if you have decided to begin to explore the process further, then we will agree to meet for an initial assessment session, during which we can better get to know each other and whether we are both happy to work together. If in agreement, we will then draw up a plan of support and commence counselling sessions. Progress will be regularly reviewed together, and we will seek to work together to a mutually agreed endpoint.
- Trained General Nurse
- Foundation Course in Pastoral Care & Counselling
- RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Person Centred Psychodynamic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Delivering Learning (C & G)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Freedom Programme Trainer & Facilitator for Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Phoenix Programme Trainer & Facilitator for Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Working with Male Domestic Violence Perpetrators
- Stop the Hurt Perpetrator Behaviour Change Programme
- Children Experiencing Domestic Violence
- Barnardo’s Domestic Violence Risk Identification Matrix
- Domestic Violence Typologies
- Working with Child Sexual Exploitation
- Understanding Sexual Abuse & its Impact on Children & Young People
- Counselling Sexual Abuse Survivors
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Workshop
- Working with Sexual Issues in Therapy
- Understanding Loss & Grief
- A Focus on Suicide
- Mental Health Awareness
- Solution Focused Therapy Approach
- Mindfulness for Professionals working with Children, Adolescents & Parents
- Introduction to Systemic Ideas & Practice
- Child & Adolescent Development
- Stress Control
- Mindfulness for Well Being
Tuesday 2:00 – 9:00 pm (Newmarket)
Wednesday 09:00am – 2:00pm
Thursday 2:00 – 9:00pm (Newmarket)
Remote Sessions at your convenience
£50 Individual Sessions (50 minutes)
£60 Couples Sessions (60 minutes)
Remote sessions as above but at your convenience