Deciding to come to therapy can be an important move towards change, personal growth and development.
Your concerns can be explored in a confidential, warm, empathic, supportive, non-judgemental and safe space.
At the core of my practice as a Clinical Psychotherapist and Integrative Arts Psychotherapist is the use of our innate creativity to facilitate personal change and heal core wounds.
I have over 15 years experience of working within the mental health and social care sector within community based settings as well as NHS and in education.
My work is relational and client centred, tailor made to best meet your individual and personal needs. Through the therapeutic relationship conflicts and struggles are brought forward and worked through by deep inquiry, reflection, curiosity and collaboration.
The theoretical roots of my psychotherapeutic practice are within Existential Psychotherapy, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and Psychodynamic Psychotherapies and is underpinned by developing Neuroscientific research.
We can approach your therapy through diverse art forms; including Visual Arts, Drama, Dance, Movement, Music, Jungian Sand Trays, Puppetry, Poetry, Dreams and Mental Imagery or if you prefer we can simply talk about any personal difficulties you might be experiencing.
Using a range of different forms in an integrated way increases self-awareness, insight and growth by allowing the expression and release of trauma, memories and grief through all of the senses, in order to shift how we view the world and create new ways of being.
- MA Integrative Arts Psychotherapy
- PGDip Diploma in Application of the Arts in Therapy and Education
- BA Fine Art
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling
Additional CPD Trainings:
- Mentalized Based Approaches to Art Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorders and Psychosis- ICAPT NHS
- MBT-F Mentalized Based Treatment for Families- Peter Fonagy, Anna Freud Centre
- CATT- Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution-focused (brief) therapy (SFBT)
- Trauma and dissociation
- KUF Awareness Working with Personality Disorder-NHS
- The Body keeps the Score; Working with CSA and Complex trauma
- Suicide prevention and working with vulnerable presentations-Maytree Project
- Addiction and Psychosis- South West London and St Georges Trust NHS
- Working with Dual Diagnosis
- Harm Reduction and Needle Exchange
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Parental Addiction and Substance Misuse
- Young People and Drugs
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Hidden Sentence- Impact of having a family member in prison
- Domestic abuse and its effect on children
- Gangs- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Honor Based Violence and FGM
- Eco Psychotherapy
- CACHE Level 3 Child Care Learning and Development
Evenings and Saturdays
£50.00-£80.00 per 50 minute session