Are you feeling hopeless, depressed, overwhelmed or anxious? Are there relationships in your life that you are finding difficult to handle or navigate? Do you feel stuck and can’t seem to see a way forward? Are you feeling lonely despite being surrounded with people because it’s difficult to open up to them? Perhaps you have already talked to someone but you felt belittled, dismissed, or not truly heard or understood? Maybe you just want to understand your circumstances, yourself and those around you. I want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. You matter and what you are feeling is important. You are worth listening to and being cared for. By considering counselling, you have already taken the courageous first step towards healing and change.
As a qualified Integrative Counsellor, I use a variety of techniques, modalities and tools to come up with a tailor-made approach to your unique needs. Specifically, I draw methods and interventions from Psychodynamic, Person-Centered and Cognitive Behavioral approaches through the Relational Integrative Model. I place high value in the quality of the therapeutic relationship—ensuring that it is characterized by empathy, genuineness, and unconditional acceptance. As your counsellor, I will listen to you and provide you with a safe and therapeutic environment where you can be yourself without fear of judgment. I will be respectful of your thoughts, feelings and beliefs and we will explore these together at your own pace. Be it a present issue or unresolved pain from the past, I will support you and work collaboratively with you in every step you take toward recovery. The aim is for you to grow in self-awareness and ultimately, to empower you to independently deal with your issues. This is based on the belief that you already have the solution within yourself and I will serve as but a guide who will help you uncover this, move forward in life, and unlock your potential for growth, development and personal change.
- Master of Science in Integrative Counselling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MBACP / Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Experienced in various counselling settings (non-profit/charity organisations, hospitals and multidisciplinary clinics) as a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist for adults (ages 18 and above)
- The wide range of issues I have worked with include the following: depression, anxiety and panic, work-related stress (i.e. burnout, stress management, performance anxiety), suicide, self-harm, bereavement and loss, relationship problems (e.g. emotional abuse, trauma, victims of bullying, etc.), self-esteem and self-image issues, body image issues, issues surrounding sexuality, substance abuse/misuse/addiction, among others. I also worked with clients who have been clinically diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Bipolar Disorder (BD), Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and Hearing Voices, Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD), Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Dysthymia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder (PD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), among others.
£45 for private clients
£35 for students / trainees