Working with Adults, Children, Young People and Families
Do any of these questions feel familiar to you?
Why am I unable to change the way I think or feel? Why are relationships, at home and work so difficult, complicated and conflicted? Why are my emotions dictating, and at times, ruining my life? Why do I end up in the same place in life despite trying to be different? Why am I afraid to be myself and make choices that are positive for me? Why do I continue to abuse myself and my body, by making bad choices? Why do I lack energy and enthusiasm? I hope that by engaging in therapy we can find the answers to your questions.
Through the therapeutic process you will have the opportunity to listen to yourself, reflect on your life choices and explore subjects and issues that you may find difficult to discuss with people in your everyday life. My role as a trained professional, is to listen to you without judgement, with care and empathy and with a new perspective. I hope through engaging in therapy you can begin to answer your own questions and gain a deeper understand of both yourself and your relationships. I have witnessed clients feel more confident to make choices that are right for them, whilst also gaining the insight and ability to communicate more effectively both in their personal and professional relationships.
I also work with Children and Young people dealing with issues such as school phobias and pressures, OCD, self-harming, eating disorder, destructive behaviors, anxiety and depression. When working with children and young people I take a holistic view of our work together. This means, that if needed, I work together with both the child and the parent with the aim to support and guide families to a more positive outcome. This also provides parents with the opportunity to take an active role in their child’s healing process.
Bachelor of Arts with First Class Honors in Counselling: University of Gloucestershire
Foundation Degree Science in Person Centered Therapy: University of Worcester
Degree Training Included
- The theory and practice of Person-Centred Counselling
- Human Growth and Development
- Working with children and young people
- Working with Grief and loss
- The Ethics and Law of working as a professional Counsellor
- Personal and Professional Development
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
Level 2 Certificate in Counselling
BACP Registered member
UKATA Certificate in Transactional Analysis 101
MindEd Training : Working with Children and Young People
- Private practice work with Adults, Young People and Families
- Work in both Primary and Secondary Schools – This work includes therapeutic work with children along with training and educating teachers in the management of problematic behaviors in the classroom
- Working in a voluntary role for the Parenting Project – Offering counselling to Parents with young families