Do you feel like you don’t have ownership of your story? If we don’t have ownership of our story this can cause pain and suffering, or we may cut ourselves off from our experience entirely. Losing ownership of our story may have been caused by depression, anxiety, a feeling of being lost or a feeling of panic.
This in turn may have been caused by trauma, stress, abuse, loss, bullying or other adverse circumstances, or the cause of your distress might not be apparent to you at all. If you have lost ownership of your story it is not your fault and it is understandable that you need someone to help you work through what has happened and help you move forward. It is a very brave thing to try and find your own story and I am happy to say it can be done.
I offer a compassionate and confidential space for you to get to the root of what has happened and own your own story.
I am a qualified integrative counsellor which means that I have many tools to help you. These are the main principles behind my counselling:
- I believe the answers are within you and I help you find the answers.
- My holistic approach means that we can work on joining awareness of body and mind which benefits wellbeing.
- I believe our childhood, early life and past relationships shape us. Exploring and coming to terms with our past can be transforming.
- Creativity can be incredibly restorative. I can work with art, stories and objects if suitable.
- As I am also a personal performance coach I can work in a very goal orientated way if useful.
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Extensive continuing professional development including training on inner child work, chronic illness, DID, eating disorders and working with suicidal thoughts.
In addition to my private practice I work as a volunteer for a general counselling service in Oxford and for a homeless charity in Banbury, working with young people. I have also worked for a charity helping survivors of abuse.
Prior to being a counsellor I worked in Human Resources for many years. This has given me a special insight into the stresses and strains of work life and issues in the workplace such as bullying and stress. I am also well-equipped to help anyone who would like to change career.
Evening and daytime appointments in the week available.
£25 for initial session and £45 for each session after that. Couples counselling is £55 per session.