I offer a relaxed, non-judgmental and safe therapeutic space in which we can explore issues that may be troubling you in a caring and supportive way.
I have worked with people with a wide range of problems including anxiety, depression, stress, grief/loss, low self-esteem and low self-confidence, panic, trauma, abuse, identity and relationship issues.
My clinic is located in MEA House, Newcastle, near the Northumbria University city campus and just a few minutes walk from Northumberland Street.
You are most welcome to call me for a free initial telephone consultation or alternatively you can drop me an email and you can find my telephone number and addresses in the contact section of this website.
I can also give you more information about the service and I can attempt to answer any questions you may have. I try to be as flexible as possible in arranging appointments taking into account your circumstances.
I am a fully qualified Clinical Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor and a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
With regard to the above organisations, I work in accordance with their ethical principles and codes of professional conduct. I also hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate. As an accredited member of the UKCP and a member of the Northern Guild for Counselling and Psychotherapy, all my work is supervised.
I believe the therapeutic relationship between therapist/counsellor and client is the centre of a healing experience.
Choosing a counsellor or therapist is a big decision and it is important to feel that the person you choose is right for you.
I am passionate about your issues and want to fully understand what brings you to therapy. In this therapeutic journey, you can be sure that someone is really listening to you, engaging with you and progressing at a pace that is comfortable for you.
My aim is to understand and encourage you to be who you are, we will chart a course that will help achieve your individual needs and goals.
I will meet your needs with empathy and compassion in an open, friendly and confidential environment. I have a natural curiosity and will show a genuine interest in your issues.
I will use my experience and knowledge to make sure you understand yourself and connect to yourself.
As a therapeutic counsellor and integrative psychotherapist, I combine a number of therapeutic models to provide a bespoke response to your needs (using many different theories and methods, depending on which will be most beneficial to you at this time).
I will help you to clarify your confusion, support you and help you to connect yourself with meaning and control.
If you decide to proceed, there will be an introduction and assessment session which will last for approximately one hour.
This first stage will include:
- An introduction to the process where I can answer any questions you may have at that time.
- Review and agree a confidentiality contract
- An initial assessment, which is a conversation where I ask you questions about yourself, why you’ve decided to come to therapy, what your goals are and what you hope to achieve.
- No therapy takes place at this stage
I look forward to hearing from you as you take the first step towards making the changes you need in your life.
NHS Primary care- working in a GP surgery providing short- medium to long term counselling for a variety of issues, including trauma, anxiety, depression and abuse.
- Charity Mind – working with range of mental health issues including Bi polar, severe anxiety and severe depression
- Students Mental Health Mentor – Work with students in Tyne and Wear universities (Newcastle, Durham, Northumbria, Sunderland) to help student to achieve they academic years
- Talk work – undertaking clinical assessments and providing short term of counselling to employees for a range of issues.
I have worked with a wide range of issues including, but not limited to, stress, depression, anxiety, bereavement, relationship difficulties, sexual abuse, and trauma.
I work with diverse groups including, LBGTQ, and disabled members of the public from a wide variety of social and cultural backgrounds.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy, Newman University, Birmingham.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Northern Guild
- Diploma in an Integrative Psychotherapy, Northern Guild (equivalent to Level 7)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision, Northern Guild
- NVQ 4 Learning Disabilities and Autism
- B.A. (Hons)
- MPhil (Hons)
Monday -Thursday 8:00am-9:00pm
Friday -8:00am -18:00 pm
Individual face to face meeting £50.00 per hour
Couples face to face meeting £60.00 per hour
Supervision £50.00 per hour